On 02-04-2011 19:25, Lee Hambley wrote:

    Is this correct?

Correct!

(Will reply in depth when I'm home)

Thanks.

Well, one question is prevailing.

I've created a git hook that executes a mysqldump to the schema and saves it somewhere on a place where the git can reach.

The git hook seems to be a nice option, because since Capistrano will deploy committed files, I can rest assured that it will deploy (my last local schema to a file).

After reading a bit more, I now understand that this seems to not suffice.

I mean: "Great I have a sql file with my last schema on the remote server". Now what?
I still need a way to apply that schema to the remote database.

If I'm thinking right, could Capistrano help me archiving this last step ?