Hi Axel,

Actually you might better enjoy https://github.com/capistrano/sshkit - for
explicitly managing stuff that isn't "deploy a web app from a git repo", we
separated out the "ssh remote driver" if you could name it that way into
it's own package and you'll find a tonne of examples there.

Further, you can if you need just the "bones" of a deployment, without too
much of the "checkout from git, copy this, symlink that", etc just import
the "flow" http://capistranorb.com/documentation/getting-started/flow/ and
you get all the hooks, but with none of the default tasks hung from them.

In the case of your "rollback" to an older package, I'd rather avoid
calling that a "rollback" as that has a really specific meaning to
Capistrano, which is to symlink the current-1 release timestamp directory
to current.

Lee Hambley
http://lee.hambley.name/
+49 (0) 170 298 5667