Platform:

   - Working on.... Mac OS X 10.10.3
   - Deploying to... Ubuntu 14.04

Logs:

   - https://gist.github.com/vmcilwain/0ce0a3757223061f1cfc

Files:

   - Capfile - https://gist.github.com/vmcilwain/49269443ec80718b3fa9
   - deploy.rb - https://gist.github.com/vmcilwain/090b6d7677cd0a8b30eb
   - Stage files (production.rb, staging.rb) -
   https://gist.github.com/vmcilwain/ec5966ec54486da6b215

Background:

I have an app that I am working on that I started with Centos/Apache/MYSQL.
I am using capistrano 3.3.5 to deploy this app and I am not having any
issues with deploying which includes migrating the db.

Issue:

I am now moving to Ubuntu/Nginx/MYSQL and still using capistrano 3.3.5 to
deploy this app but now I am having issues migrating the db. From what I
can tell, capistrano thinking that I am wanting to migrate to a db that is
on the local system but there isn't one. The DB is located on an RDS
instance on Amazon AWS.

I have tried to forcefully set rails_env but nothing appears to get
capistrano to recognize the environment I want to deploy to.

To double check my issue I have created a brand new application which has
no other code. I installed what I think is the bare minimum for getting my
rails app to deploy and this issue also occurs.

I am looking for some advice on anything else that I can try to get past
this issue. Any help is greatly appreciated.\

Thanks