Hi,

We do indeed have a moderation queue, as you may have noticed.

OK, checklist:

1. Agent forwarding is not magic sauce, you have to have an agent running,
and your key added to it:

[localhost] $ ssh-add -L
[localhost] $ ssh-add ~/.ssh/path_to_my_key_kere
[localhost] $ ssh-add -L

2. You can easily check what keys your remote agent has, and whether agent
forwarding is working

[localhost] $ ssh my-server
[my-server] $ env | grep AUTH
(empty)
[my-server] $ ssh-add -L
Could not open a connection to your authentication agent.
[localhost] $ ssh -o ForwardAgent=yes my-server
[my-server] $ env | grep AUTH
SSH_AUTH_SOCK=/tmp/ssh-pJ6xnUbsDn/agent.30023
[my-server] $ ssh-add -L
... snip: output should match that from step 1. ...

3. You can wrap those things from 2. up in a Capistrano task or two:

namespace :agent_forwarding do
  task :env_auth do
    on roles(:all) do
      execute("env | grep AUTH")
    end
  end
  task :ssh_add do
    on roles(:all) do
      execute(:'ssh-add', '-L')
    end
  end
end

Then simply call those from the command line:

[localhost] $ cap <myenv> agent_forwarding:env_auth
[localhost] $ cap <myenv> agent_forwarding:ssh_add

That should help, I'm sure.

Lee Hambley
http://lee.hambley.name/
+49 (0) 170 298 5667