I suspect you're right that the task is hanging because of a lack of
output, it's a common issue.

Is there some settings we could look into?
> Like a TTL, Timeout or have the task report back the progress/output from
> the pg_dump or something?

first thing that comes to mind is to run the output of `pg_dump` through
`pv` [1] and set it to print some periodic status update, pv is a pretty
worthwhile little tool anyway, and it might solve this problem really
neatly.

[1]: Pipe Viewer (http://www.ivarch.com/programs/pv.shtml)

Lee Hambley
http://lee.hambley.name/