In addition there are a number of completely open standard APIs supported
if you use the Identity Server:
* OpenId
* SAML2 SSO
* OAuth 1.x
* WS-Trust

All of these work against the standard IS user store and there are many
plugins for common servers (e.g. SAML2 plugins or OpenId plugins for things
like Liferay, Drupal, etc).

Paul

On 4 January 2012 15:18, Amila Jayasekara <ami...@wso2.com> wrote:

> 2012/1/3 Güçlü Akkaya <guclu.akk...@ardictech.com>:
> >

> > Hi,
> >
> >  We want to use the user-store database of the Carbon servers for
> providing
> > authentication to a non-carbon server. In the wso2 carbon is there an api
> > providing authentication module for non-carbon servers, which uses
> > user-store database schema of carbon servers?
>
> Hi Akkaya,
>
> WSO2 servers provide a web service API to authenticate users. WSO2
> servers provide an admin webservice called "AuthenticationAdmin". You
> can check the WSDL of this web service using a URL similar to [1] (In
> this example i am running WSO2 server in my local machine in port
> 9443).
> In order to access WSDL in [1] you need to enable viewing admin
> webservice WSDLs. For that you need to enable following configuration
> in ${CARBON_HOME/repository/conf//carbon.xml.
>
> <HideAdminServiceWSDLs>false</HideAdminServiceWSDLs> (Under Axis2Config).
>
> Hope this helpful.
>
> [1] https://localhost:9443/services/AuthenticationAdmin?wsdl
>
> Thanks
> AmilaJ
>

> > Fatih Güçlü Akkaya
> >
> > Software Development Engineer

> Mobile : +94773330538

Paul Fremantle
CTO and Co-Founder, WSO2
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair, VP, Apache Synapse

UK: +44 207 096 0336
US: +1 646 595 7614

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
twitter.com/pzfreo
p...@wso2.com

wso2.com Lean Enterprise Middleware

Disclaimer: This communication may contain privileged or other confidential
information and is intended exclusively for the addressee/s. If you are not
the intended recipient/s, or believe that you may have received this
communication in error, please reply to the sender indicating that fact and
delete the copy you received and in addition, you should not print, copy,
retransmit, disseminate, or otherwise use the information contained in this
communication. Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be timely,
secure, error or virus-free. The sender does not accept liability for any
errors or omissions.