Hi Vincent,

your observation is correct, it is primarily designed around the flow and the functioning of the hospital system. The main reason is that it was originally intended to improve the work of the staff as they actually work.

Statistics, reporting, data mining and research, etc will be tackled in the future. You can take a look at this http://www.care2x.org/wiki/index.php/ER_Diagrams to have an initial glimpse on the data structure. This is not yet complete but should help you initially. Open source software is made through give and take. Any gross imbalance is detrimental to its development. If you have plans, design improvement docs or blueprints, analyses, improvement code or modules,
share it with the rest.

regards,
elpidio

Vincent Shaw wrote:

Hi there everyone
I have been following the list for a while and also exploring the software
to some extent. One of the issues that we (the Oslo group) have been trying
to uncover is how to extract information from Care 2X to enable management
of the hospital to get a sense of issues like bed occupancy, average length
of stay, most common diagnoses in different wards, and most frequent causes
of death, amongst others (there are usually also lots of types of reports
linked to maternity data as well).

But it seems to me that Care2x development has to date focussed on the flow
of patients and the functioning of the system around that aspect. Is anyone
out there extracting this data? Are there any plans to provide some kind of
reporting system for management from Care 2X in the future?

Regards
Vincent Shaw