Gjergj Sheldija wrote:
> hi developers,
>
> there is finally an official Care2X forum,
> located at http://apps.sourceforge.net/phpbb/care2002/
> the need for this came since the majority of the mail
> sent in the developer list are not related at all to developing.
> i will start from 31.10 to delete all the mails not pertinent
> to this list.

Here we go again... I have just recalled Santayana's aphorism: "Those
who ignore history are doomed to repeat it."

The last Care2x Forum (if I recall well, it also used phpBB) did not end
well and a major body of knowledge was just lost forever.
If you are not prepared to spend (a lot of) time taking care of forum
software and forum administration (and I bet that you do not have time
to do so) just forget it and focus in what you do best.

The developers list is now (Oct 2008) the "de facto" communication
vehicle for Care2x "developers" and "non developers".

Please note that the practice of separating developers and non
developers, in the development of Healthcare Information Systems
Supporting Software, was proven wrong and not well adjusted to this type
of projects.

By the way, in an Open Source project, what is your definition, of a
"developer" and "non-developer"?

Can you be sure that a "non-developer" cannot, in a given moment, just
contribute that badly needed idea, a piece of code, or that bug fix
proposal that will just make all the difference?

Software Projects have much to gain by following the Robustness
Principle, otherwise known as Postel's Law: "Be conservative in what you
do, be liberal in what you accept from others."

So, Gjergj, we have seen that you were very good at catching the Care2x
concept.
We know that you are very good at using creative code to find new ways
to solve old problems (that nobody else seemed able to).

So, please, try to stay focused at what you do best.

Keep up the good work.

And yes, that cleaning up of the CVS tree was also a very good idea.

Regards,

M.