Well, if the version table is been used somewhere, I have not seen it
over the years.

About the version numbering as comments. I would like to move that topic
when we killed all relevant bugs out and place a (c) setting in each
file. We have to do it, care2x was pirated and sold in the past many
times.

When you have the ER diagram ready, please send it. That would be nice
to have. What app you are using for?

Robert

Am Mittwoch, den 22.09.2010, 00:36 +0530 schrieb Ap.Muthu:
> $$ - Mostly used as LD_var for translating strings and possibly field names
> A data dictionary is what is needed.
> I will now try to make some (non)sense out of an entity relationship diagram
> for care2x.
> The unusual naming conventions for naming fields have got me dizzy.
> Since we are all using MySQL5, should we not go in for some views?
> $$ is very useful in handling recursively a set of field names and table
> names from the information_schema table to act uipon user tables across a
> set of similar databases.
> Many files have the version number of Care2x hard coded - sould we not use
> some config variable for it and do away with the versions table? Is the
> versions table used anywhere?
>
> Regards,
> Ap.Muthu
>

> >  Hi Robert,
> >
> > you are so right about the $$ a lot of modules uses it,
> > prescription, lab requests, depot...
> > it's really a dark chapter..
> >
> > gj.
> >
> > On 2010-09-21 8:49.MD, Robert Meggle wrote:
> >> Hi Muthu,
> >>
> >> We are now on the level where all had started of care2x nearly 10 years
> >> ago. Since that time that peace of code had not been touched. But you're
> >> right, the "_" will be escaped by MySQL and the interesting thing is
> >> that somehow it had been worked now since years.
> >>
> >> Another aspect, especially on that ground.level.zero: The idea to store
> >> that kind of global settings in a table like we are discussing it now is
> >> really ok, but we can discuss the naming convention of it. But the way
> >> how it is used by $$ use of var.... look:
> >> http://www.php.net/manual/en/language.variables.variable.php
> >>
> >> That is a dark chapter of php how to (mis)use variables. Normally you
> >> should read it, understand it, and -please- forget it and never use it!
> >>
> >> Robert

CARE2X - free Integ Hospital Info System
https://sourceforge.net/projects/care2002/
http://www.care2x.org