hi Muthu,

short explanation - maybe there some c2x history here of which i'm
unaware - there are two level
modules in c2x, the first one is the lab, nursing, OR and such. the
second level is
hr, billing, address management and such.
furthermore, there are modules meant to be read only by some possible
web based
patient, hence the _a2_*

you can see more about it if you look for second level access.

regarding the permission present only in the sw language, i think it's a
leftover from
care2watu.

now regarding :

   'lab_r'=>array('_a_1_labresultswrite', '_a_2_labresultsread'),
   'lab_w'=>array('_a_1_labresultswrite'),
   'lab_all'=>array('_a_1_laball'),

i should test it before being able to respond.
you have to remember that on c2x there was a lot of code submitted
by non programmers..

gj.