Hi Marc,

After you run Prepare for Flattening in SureFit, then you can open the resulting spec file in caret and do "Surface: Measurements: Crossover Check".

It's not all that uncommon to have a few (e.g., 3) errors left, yet not be able to see them on the inflated surface. If, after rotating the inflated surface to every side and looking in nooks and crannies, I still can't see any handles, then I go ahead and prepare to flatten, just so I can get a spec file and view the surface in Caret.

You could also run vtk2caret on your fiducial vtk file to generate a spec, topo, and coord for that surface only, but I usually like to bring all of them into Caret.

I always shoot for 0 errors, but if I still have handles but can't see them on the inflated surface, and Caret's crossover check says 0 crossovers, I proceed to flatten anyway.

Donna