Hi Marc,

Sorry for the belated response; Monday was a US holiday, so none of us were in the office.

Fill ventricles "gives unpredictable results for partial hemispheres" per the release notes. There's no harm in trying it, as long as you check the results to make sure SureFit didn't fill something it shouldn't have. If you're not happy with the results, you can always re-run SureFit without that option selected.

I'd be happy to check out your spackle job and give an opinion about how much more you need to do. Upload your latest segmentation here:

http://pulvinar.wustl.edu/cgi-bin/upload.cgi

If you've done any re-cropping of the structural volume, then also upload that volume and its params file.

I place my cursor on the sphere and press p
again.  The slice window updates, but the cross-hairs do not stay within the
limits, where the manual says it should.  How reliable is this method?

Can you tell me where the manual says the cross-hairs should stay in the limits when you pick from the surface window. The manual needs to be clarified here, because picking from the surface window is in no way constrained by the limits reported by Locate Errors. The slice cross-hairs will move to the voxel where the closest surface node is located, based on whatever surface is loaded as surface window 1. This is why we recommend you load the fiducial surface in surface window 1. You might do all your picking on the inflated surface (typically surface window 2), but the voxel is determined based on the surface loaded in surface 1.

Donna