Hi Jochen,

Yes -- sometimes the right sign is counter-intuitive.

I'll add the generation of an interaural fiducial to my growing queue of atlas updates.

Donna

On 06/21/2005 02:25 PM, Jochen Ditterich wrote:

Thanks, Donna. I had to get the signs right, but it seems to be working now. The correct offsets are 0, +19, and +5.5. I would be happy to share the files if anybody is interested.

Best,

Jochen.

Donna Hanlon wrote:

Hi Dr. Ditterich,

No, I don't think you're doing anything wrong. I think the problem is that we need a fiducial coord file that is aligned to the inter-aural axis, but we only have a AC-origin fiducial coord file. I'm guessing you're using this archive:

http://sumsdb.wustl.edu:8081/sums/archivelist.do?id=684673

You can try creating one yourself and see if it works. Here are the origins of the volumes:

Macaque.F99UA1.LR.Brain.AC_origin.04-01-29+orig.HEAD
35.5 54.5 -30
Macaque.F99UA1.LR.Brain.InterAural_origin.04-01-29+orig.HEAD
35.5 35.5 -24.5

Take the difference and use the Surface: Transform menu to translate the AC-origin fiducial by the difference. Then Save Data File: Coordinate File and name it differently, to reflect the inter-aural alignment. It's worth a shot.

Donna