Hi Akiko,

Try this: Copy your metric file to a surface_shape file and load it as a surface shape. (The formats are identical.)

Then, try Surface: Region of Interest: Surface Shape cluster analysis. You'll need to do this for each tail (i.e., once at thresh=3.0 and once at thresh=-3, or whatever thresh you specify).