Hello,
I recentrly downloaded Caret5 and followed the installation instructions
carefully. I am using a 64-bit Linux machine (Fedora core), and have
successfully installed many other softwares before.

After installing, I attempt to start caret and it gives me the error:

caret5: error while loading shared libraries: libGLU.so.1: cannot open

Of course, these lib files are there where they are supposed to be. I am
not the only one over here who gets this error, so we thought we would ask
what the problem is and how to get around it.

Thanks,
Erik Edwards
Univ. California Berkeley &
Univ. California San Francisco