On Apr 19, 2007, at 2:04 PM, Michael H. Semcheski wrote:

On 4/19/07, John Harwell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Mike,

What is an MD2 file?

Is it a version of an MDPlot file which contains contours ?

Hi John,

By MD2 file, I did mean an MDPlot file. Whether or not it contains contours depends on your definition of contour. I think its more accurate to say that it contains points, and it seems well represented by caret_files/MDPlotFile.h.

In my lab, we use the MD2 plotting system, which produces one file for each section plotted. Each file consists of a list of points. Each point is represented by (I believe) 7 shorts: x, y, mode, type, marker_size, pen, and an unused value.

My understanding of Caret is limited. What I thought I needed to do was read in my MD2 files, and export them as a Caret Contour File.

Mike

The Caret contour file should not be difficult to create. The format of the Caret contour file is described at http://brainmap.wustl.edu/ caret/caret5.5_help/file_formats/file_formats.html#ContourFile

Caret reads the MDPlot Object file which is a text file and uses the ".mdo" file name extension. Its format is described on page 37 of http://www.accustage.com/Downloads/MDPlotManualV5.pdf

A tutorial on working with contours in Caret is available from http:// brainmap.wustl.edu/caret/pdf/caret5.5_contours_tutorial.pdf