Dirk,

The SureFit algorithm is specifically designed for T1-weighted volumes. I do not know if the SureFit algorithm can be adopted to work with a T2 image.

If you have a manually generated segmentation volume, Caret can reconstruct it into a surface. The SureFit Segmentation Dialog allows one to start with a segmentation volume. In addition, there is a Reconstruct Into Surface item on the Volume->Segmentation Menu.

If you have a reconstructed surface, in a format such as VTK, it can be imported into Caret by using the File Menu->Import File Dialog. Caret will read a few other surface formats which are listed on the File Import Dialog.

John Harwell
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
314-362-3467

Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology