Hi Sarah,

Problems like these are relatively common -- especially if the surface is old (i.e., generated by SureFit, which used to place the origin at the lower left corner of the cropped bounding box -- not the anterior commissure or atlas space origin, as Caret commonly does).

I would make a FAQ, but the problems tend to be so case-specific, that common threads are few. Uploading the dataset and letting me have a look is usually the shortest path to solution:

http://pulvinar.wustl.edu/cgi-bin/upload.cgi

I need the following files:

* fiducial surface coord
* topo file
* anatomy volume to which functional aligns
* functional volume (optional -- almost always, if I can get surf and anat aligned, the rest follows)

If your surface is in VTK form, that can substitute for coord/topo.

Donna