YSL,

Basically, '???' means that there was no specific assignment for that node in that column of the paint file. Use Display Control: Page Selection: Paint Selection to see what was mapped for that particular column (e.g., the 4th column is probably visuotopic areas, which only cover a small fraction of the cortical surface and therefore have lots of '???' entries.

DVE