Hello -

in the caret demo and elsewhere there's a surface, topologically correct on
73730 that was made from sections of the paxinos atlas. So, It's an odd
looking hemisphere, but it has the virtue of reflecting the text. there's
also another somehere I think I recall that's not topologically ok (gap
where medial wall should be), but has links to cocomac that light up when
you click nodes.

If one's one and only abiding interest in life was to map paxinos regions
onto surfaces made from one's own samples, might it not be a good idea to
register to this paxinos surface made from sections?

so, is there an original paxinos coord,topo,paint etc ([pre registration to
F99, and unrelated to it])? I can find it on summs if so, if it's there.

mainly: is it true and a good idea that registering that original to/from
my data (using the paxinos literature as a guide too) is going to get
better results than just registering to/from the F99 atlas in the usual way?

it just seems to me

a) the paxinos dilineations are complicated and numerous. they very are
hard to map well from F99.
b) if one can cut out a middle man, one should do that. one registration is
better than two.

best,

Colin