Dear Petr,

Normally what I do is very simple: use a template as you can find it
bellow,  save it as a simple text file with a "foci" suffix like
 "ExampleFile.foci". Change the coordinates and names accordingly! from(0
to 5) or you can add more! copy past each line

# Cut from here

CSVF-FILE,0,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
csvf-section-start,header,2,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
tag,value,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Caret-Version,5.65,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Date,2015-01-20T11:35:53,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
comment,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
encoding,COMMA_SEPARATED_VALUE_FILE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
csvf-section-end,header,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
csvf-section-start,Cells,6,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Cell Number,X,Y,Z,Name
0,42,0.0,50,-1,PMC_RH
1,-42,0,50,-1,PMC_LH
2,-42,-10,50,-1,PMC_LH
3,42,0.0,50,-1,PMC_RH
4,-42,0,50,-1,PMC_LH
5,-42,-10,50,-1,PMC_LH
csvf-section-end,Cells,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

best
Rouhi

On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 12:05 PM, Petr Grivaz <petr.gri...@epfl.ch> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am doing a meta-analysis and in order to illustrate the distribution of
> activation foci from all the studies, I would like to project them onto an
> inflated and flattened brain using Caret v5.65. I have followed
> scrupulously the instructions on how to create, export, modify and
> re-import csv files with the foci coordinates using Excel (
> http://brainvis.wustl.edu/wiki/index.php/Caret:Operations/Foci), but
> after having saved the file as csv (comma delimited) and importing it in
> Caret using Menu -> Open Data File -> Open, I get prompted for some
> information that is not mentioned in the tutorial, as if it did not
> recognize the encoding/format of the file. Concretely, I get prompted for
> the type of File (Free Surfer Binary Surface File or Raw Volume File) and
> if I choose the latter, I am prompted to enter information about Volume
> Type, Dimensions Voxel Data Type and whether the bytes are swapped or not.
> Needless to say, I have no clue what to enter in these fields and
> everything I tried entering pretty much yielded errors or empty data.
>
> Have you already come across this problem? I suspect it's due to the CSV
> encoding, but I have not found any thread treating this problem here. Any
> help would be appreciated.
>
> Cheers!
>
> Petr

Best Regards
Rouhollah Abdollahi

*Institut für Neurowissenschaften und Medizin (INM-3)*
Forschungszentrum Jülich
Leo-Brandt-Straße
52425 Jülich, GermanyTel: +49 2461 61-9324