Something picked up on by our penetration testing team is that, while the
"HttpOnly" and "Secure" flags are present when setting the CAS cookies
(e.g. CASTGC and CASPRIVACY), they are not present when the cookie is
removed.

(Note: You cannot literally "remove" a cookie, you do so by setting it to
an empty string)

This gets flagged up by some pen testing tools (such as OWASP ZAP)
although, since the response cookie value is actually blank, no sensitive
data can be disclosed to the client (in the case of HttpOnly) /
man-in-the-middle (int the case of Secure).

org.jasig.cas.web.support.CookieRetrievingCookieGenerator doesn't override
#removeCookie() so the behavior from
org.springframework.web.util.CookieGenerator
is inherited, which doesn't respect the HttpOnly /  Secure flags.

So obviously we can just override the cookie generator ourselves if we want
to change this, but I was wondering if anyone has an opinion to offer on
whether this should be done by CAS (or even Spring) instead?

--
You are currently subscribed to cas-dev@lists.jasig.org as:
arch...@mail-archive.com