Hi,

Out of curiosity, I’m wondering where CAS development currently stands with
regards to:
Support for Multi-Factor Authentication, https://github.com/Jasig/cas/issues/572

We are approaching a point where we will have to implement multi factor
authentication for some services, but not for all users nor all services, so we
need some flexible solution where services can be informed the security level
of the authentication.

In particular, currently we are running a Shibboleth IdP which delegates to CAS
for authentication. We primarily use CAS protocol for in house development due
to simplicity. Depending on CAS road map we may want to consider reversing that
setup to run Shibboleth as the authenticating party in order to make
multi-factor a feasible alternative at least for systems using SAML 2.0 and use
a CAS server delegating authentication to Shibboleth for compatibility purposes.

Best regards,
/Fredrik

--
Fredrik Jönsson, M.Sc.                          Email:  f...@kth.se
System architect                                        Phone:  +46 8 790 66 03

--
You are currently subscribed to cas-dev@lists.jasig.org as:
arch...@mail-archive.com