REST and SAML are two very different beasts.

SAML is a Security Assertion Markup Language whereas REST is essentially a
model for creating an API to utilize your system based on resources.  Our
RESTful API could return SAML.  It could return text.  It could return ASCII
art (which actually would be kind of cool).

-Scott

-Scott Battaglia
PGP Public Key Id: 0x383733AA
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/scottbattaglia