Sorry for sending to multiple list because I am a new member and do not know
which list is better to send. It is appreciated if anyone could advise me which
list is the correct one to send this question. I am a CAS new user not
developer who wants to contribute CAS code (I may contribute after I am
familiar with CAS). :-)

My question is, after reviewing CAS architecture, I have not found how CAS
ensures high availability and scalability.

More specific question like this,

- if I only setup one CAS authentication server (service), and if it is not
availabile for some reason (e.g. power-off), how to ensure the whole
authentication system (including web client and web resources) still works? Or
the whole system will not work -- i.e. without authentication server (service),
even if end user provides valid credential, he/she can not access the web
resources?

- if the user base is large, how to setup multiple CAS authentication servers
(service) to balance load? I did not find related information in the CAS wiki
page.

Any advice are welcome.

thanks in advance,
George