Hello,

I am attempting to get CAS 4.1.3 running with logging through logback but 
am having difficulty.

As far as I can tell since cas-server-core has included 
org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder to intercept and sanitize logs (pull 
request adding feature <https://github.com/Jasig/cas/pull/647>) it will 
override the StaticLoggerBinder built into logback and since logback (in 
logback-classic) is initialized in the overridden StaticLoggerBinder 
<https://github.com/qos-ch/logback/blob/35aa410f7f73f026ce7fb676d39c092d8d964d79/logback-classic/src/main/java/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.java#L93>
 
the logback loggers created for the application will not be configured 
properly. So while it has been stated 
<https://github.com/Jasig/cas/pull/647#issuecomment-51519516> it should be 
possible to configure a logging backend other than log4j2 it seems that 
this is only true for backends other than logback.

Has anyone been successful in getting cas+logback working? Is this a bug or 
am I missing something?

Thank you,

Ian MacGuigan

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CAS 
Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/group/cas-user/.

Reply via email to