All,

Are you sure that tomcat is actually binding to port 443?  If I’m not mistaken, 
in order to get tomcat to bind to a port lower than 1024, the 
$TOMCAT_HOME/conf/tomcat[6-7].conf file needs to be modified to use the root 
user to start the service rather than the tomcat user.  In tomcat6, I have this 
line in my /usr/share/tomcat6/conf/tomcat6.conf file:

# What user should run tomcat
TOMCAT_USER="root"

Something else to consider is if SELinux might be causing you issues.  If 
SELinux is standard in your environment, you might put it into permissive mode 
to troubleshoot the issue and use setroubleshootd to see what the recommended 
solutions are for the alerts.  Good luck!

Ben Branch
UNIX/Linux Administrator
University of Central Oklahoma
ITIL Foundation v3, Network+, RHCE

100 N. University Drive, Box 122
Edmond, OK 73034
D: 405.974.2649 | M: 405.550.6804 | bbranch@uco.<mailto:bbranch@uco.>edu | 
www.uco.edu<http://www.uco.edu/>

“I am wiser than this man, for neither of us appears to know anything great and 
good; but he fancies he knows something, although he knows nothing; whereas I, 
as I do not know anything, so I do not fancy I do. In this trifling particular, 
then, I appear to be wiser than he, because I do not fancy I know what I do not 
know.”  - Socrates

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Chris 
Cheltenham
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2016 12:31 PM
To: Mace, Mark; [email protected]
Subject: [cas-user] RE: cas 3.5.2.1

Mark,

Same thought here. The firewall is off. Its RHEL 7 btw.
I already have this working in test and prod with RH 5.
I am required to upgrade so I had to build new vm’s.
It works on the RH 5web server with the same url.
It is within a vpn privaye network yes.

I keep looking at the CACert but I added this new server to cacert.
Is there a cas specific cert I am forgetting about?




From: Mace, Mark [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2016 12:49 PM
To: Chris Cheltenham; [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
Subject: RE: cas 3.5.2.1

My first thoughts are firewall issues or port issues.

I notice the URL is using HTTPS, but not the standard 8443 port for secure 
Tomcat, so you’re trying to connect on 443 which raises a flag.  It’s private 
IP address, are you on a VPN that has access to the IP range?

Just my preliminary thoughts.
--mark

From: [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]> 
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Chris Cheltenham
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2016 12:38 PM
To: [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
Subject: [cas-user] FW: cas 3.5.2.1



From: Chris Cheltenham
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2016 12:37 PM
To: '[email protected]'
Subject: cas 3.5.2.1

Problem connecting to CAS server.

Can anyone identify what is causing this issue?


[cid:[email protected]]

Thank You;

Chris Cheltenham
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
SwainTechs
10 Walnut Grove Rd
Suite 110
Horsham, PA
19044

888-905-5767 / X407


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CAS 
Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/group/cas-user/.
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CAS 
Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/group/cas-user/.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CAS 
Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/group/cas-user/.

Reply via email to