I am running CAS 5.0 RC4 on Apache Tomcat 8.0.37 on Centos 7 (Linux).

I saw another post from Philippe Marasse titled "Issue with json service 
registry between CASv5 RC3-SNAP and RC4-SNAP" yesterday that looks exactly 
like my issue.  He was using Tomcat 8.5 though.

I am certain this is a configuration issue on my end, but it has been a 
bugger.  Over 2 days on this.

It appears when the CAS Spring web application context starts up that it 
reads the value I have in cas.properties that is in /etc/cas/config.  I put 
a debug message in org.apereo.cas.util.ResourceUtils on line 97 to print 
out the location of the JSON registry being loaded.

...
2016-10-06 18:15:25,625 INFO 
[org.apereo.cas.web.CasWebApplicationServletInitializer] - <The following 
profiles are active: native>
Resource: URL [file:/etc/cas/services]
...

Then AnnotationConfigEmbeddedWebApplicationContext causes a refresh and the 
following location is read: classpath:/services

...
2016-10-06 18:15:34,419 WARN 
[org.apereo.cas.config.CasSecurityContextConfiguration] - <^[[0m>
Resource: class path resource [services]
...
2016-10-06 18:15:34,583 WARN 
[org.springframework.boot.context.embedded.AnnotationConfigEmbeddedWebApplicationContext]
 
- <Exception encountered during context initialization - cancelling refresh 
attempt: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error 
creating bean with name 'serviceRegistryInitializer' defined in class path 
resource [org/apereo/cas/config/CasCoreServicesConfiguration.class]: Bean 
instantiation via factory method failed; nested exception is 
org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Failed to instantiate 
[org.apereo.cas.services.ServiceRegistryInitializer]: Factory method 
'serviceRegistryInitializer' threw exception; nested exception is 
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating 
bean with name 'embeddedJsonServiceRegistry' defined in class path resource 
[org/apereo/cas/config/CasCoreServicesConfiguration.class]: Bean 
instantiation via factory method failed; nested exception is 
org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Failed to instantiate 
[org.apereo.cas.services.ServiceRegistryDao]: Factory method 
'embeddedJsonServiceRegistry' threw exception; nested exception is 
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.FileNotFoundException: class path 
resource [services] cannot be resolved to URL because it does not exist>
...

If you have not run into this yet, then you definitely will at some point. 
 I am trying to get to the bottom of the cause of this.  Any ideas 
appreciated.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CAS 
Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/group/cas-user/.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/msgid/cas-user/2410bb7e-0327-4d28-92ef-381a4b4e90ab%40apereo.org.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/optout.

Reply via email to