ERROR [org.apereo.cas.support.saml.web.view.Saml10SuccessResponseView] - <Error
generating SAML response for service example.edu.>
java.lang.ClassCastException: java.util.HashSet cannot be cast to
java.lang.String
at
org.apereo.cas.support.saml.web.view.Saml10SuccessResponseView.prepareResponse(Saml10SuccessResponseView.java:60)
 ~[cas-server-support-saml-5.0.0.RC4-SNAPSHOT.jar:5.0.0.RC4-SNAPSHOT]
at
org.apereo.cas.support.saml.web.view.AbstractSaml10ResponseView.renderMergedOutputModel(AbstractSaml10ResponseView.java:104)
 ~[cas-server-support-saml-5.0.0.RC4-SNAPSHOT.jar:5.0.0.RC4-SNAPSHOT]

This is a bug. Please file an issue.

Ultimately what we'd like to do though is invoke MFA-Duo globally, and
not via an application triggered policy. It looks like the CAS properties
listed here may be relevant, but it's not clear to me how they should
be used.
Global triggers, that are not tied to principal or services, are not possible
explicitly. Please file a feature request.

--
CAS gitter chatroom: https://gitter.im/apereo/cas
https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/msgid/cas-user/etPan.57fe0d44.52690fa6.8f80%40unicon.net.