We have several data source of user credentials, they come from different
applications and we are unable to merge them into one single source.

Instead of configuring CAS to go through each authentication provider until
one returns SUCCESS, I wish to select the right provider based on the
application user is trying to login, i.e., the theme of login page.
Another way to explain this is that my login page has a "domain" field in
addition to username and password field.

This is not the best idea, but I cannot think of anything better.

I can extend AbstractUsernamePasswordAuthenticationHandler and
implement  authenticateUsernamePasswordInternal()  to carry out the

1) How can I pass in an additional value (such as the CSS theme of login
page) into this method? it only supports user name and password. I need an
additional value to indicate which authentication provider I should use.

2) any alternative solution?

CAS gitter chatroom: https://gitter.im/apereo/cas
CAS documentation website: https://apereo.github.io/cas
CAS project website: https://github.com/apereo/cas