Yes Sir. the user is in my AD.
If I just browse to the cas server (e.g.,
https://shuauth01.sacredheart.edu:8443/cas/login), enter the same username
and password. I get a proper authentication.
I get the error message when I try redirection.
For example, I browse to
https://shuauth01.sacredheart.edu:8443/cas/login?service=https%3A%2F%2Fshuauth01.sacredheart.edu%3A8443%2Fmywebapp/

This gets me to the cas login page; but upon entering the username and
password and clicking on login, I am redirected to:
https://shuauth01.sacredheart.edu:8443/mywebapp/?ticket=ST-4-cQ2Pw1U9c9rJgMDMTyR3-cas01.example.org

and get the error 500 page.

-Chip

https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/msgid/cas-user/8ec3973d-e55f-4f43-abc0-1696d5ee903e%40apereo.org.