Sorry it was not clear in previous post, I have this section in
cas.properties:

file.authn.filename=classpath:people.txt
file.authn.separator=::

I added <alias name="
fileAuthenticationHandler" alias="primaryAuthenticationHandler" /> in
deployerConfigContext.xml and created people.txt in the same folder with
deployerConfigContext.xml
> cat people.txt
scott::password
bob::password

Every time I signed in with scott/password I got the following error in
catalina.out

2016-10-17 11:50:02,488 ERROR
[org.jasig.cas.authentication.PolicyBasedAuthenticationManager] -
<FileAuthenticationHandler: IO error reading backing file  (Details:
Filename does not exist)>

Best,

Xin

https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/msgid/cas-user/517eb299-4e8c-446e-856b-0d2b5d4e4ce7%40googlegroups.com.