Hi Dmitriy,

I don't know where to put the password if I add
accept."authn.users=casuser::Mellon" to cas.propreties.  So I use
FileAuthenticationHandler.

I added <alias name="fileAuthenticationHandler"
alias="primaryAuthenticationHandler" /> in deployerConfigContext.xml and
created people.txt in the same folder with deployerConfigContext.xml

> cat people.txt
scott::password
bob::password

I got the following error:
>tail catalina.2016-10-17.log
Oct 17, 2016 11:09:51 AM org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor
process
INFO: Error parsing HTTP request header
 Note: further occurrences of HTTP header parsing errors will be logged at
DEBUG level.
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid character found in method name.
HTTP method names must be tokens
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.InternalInputBuffer.parseRequestLine(InternalInputBuffer.java:135)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:996)
        at
org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:623)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:316)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

one possible reason is I didn't disable https. I only know how to do it in
the old cas version. Sorry if you thin I should post to a new thread.

Best,

Xin

https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/msgid/cas-user/3cc9c0aa-f5b9-460b-af7e-71e7c190b30a%40googlegroups.com.