That’s how global works. Remove the setting and it will no longer “globall”y
activate MFA.

--Misagh

From: cas-user@apereo.org [mailto:cas-user@apereo.org] On Behalf Of Dusty
Edenfield
Sent: Thursday, February 16, 2017 6:27 PM
To: CAS Community <cas-user@apereo.org>
Subject: [cas-user] Having trouble configuring
mfa.globalPrincipalAttributeNameTriggers

·         [CAS server version
5.0.2

·         Container/environment type/version (Tomcat, Jetty, Java,
Linux/Windows, etc)
Apache Tomcat/8.5.6

·         Steps to duplicate the problem
We're using these properties in cas.properties
cas.authn.mfa.globalProviderId=mfa-duo
cas.authn.mfa.globalPrincipalAttributeNameTriggers=AccountEntitlement
cas.authn.mfa.globalPrincipalAttributeValueRegex=/some/entitlement/value

The behavior we're seeing is when these properties are set, mfa-duo is
indeed active for all cas logins, but the globalPrincipalAttribute*
properties are ignored, or I'm misunderstanding how these properties are
supposed to work. We would expect that these attribute properties are
checked for when to enable mfa-duo for a given user, but that doesn't seem
to be the case.

To reproduce, we put in a bogus globalPrincipalAttributeValueRegex and
mfa-duo was still active for all logins after a CAS restart

--
- CAS gitter chatroom: https://gitter.im/apereo/cas
"CAS Community" group.

<https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/msgid/cas-user/0e7dbb48-c21b-4aeb-b7a4-cebe27d9788f%40apereo.org?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>