Not really. The @Conditional needs to be present in CAS’ bean. Feel free to
open up an GH issue.

From: Robert Oschwald <robertoschw...@gmail.com>
Reply: cas-user@apereo.org <cas-user@apereo.org>
Date: May 4, 2017 at 3:17:38 PM
To: cas-user@apereo.org <cas-user@apereo.org>
Subject:  Re: [cas-user] Overloading Bean Configuration does not work in 5.0.4

:-(

This means I need to overlay the whole CasValidationConfiguration bean.

Am 04.05.2017 um 17:46 schrieb Dmitriy Kopylenko <dkopyle...@unicon.net>:

The reason is that currently serviceValidateController bean in CAS is not
@ConditionalOnMissingBean

D.

From: robertoschwald <robertoschw...@gmail.com>
Reply: cas-user@apereo.org <cas-user@apereo.org>
Date: May 4, 2017 at 11:40:26 AM
To: CAS Community <cas-user@apereo.org>

I need to overload the ServiceValidateController Bean by my own configuration
bean, but it seems Spring Boot is first using my bean, then again the original
one and I don't know why.

My bean is called CasOverlayedValidationConfiguration:

@Configuration("casOverlayedValidationConfiguration")
@EnableConfigurationProperties(CasConfigurationProperties.class)
@Order(value = 50000)
public class CasOverlayedValidationConfiguration {

@Autowired
private CasConfigurationProperties casProperties;

@Autowired
@Qualifier("casAttributeEncoder")
private CasAttributeEncoder casAttributeEncoder;

@Autowired
@Qualifier("cas3SuccessView")
private View cas3SuccessView;

@Autowired
@Qualifier("authenticationContextValidator")
private AuthenticationContextValidator authenticationContextValidator;

@Autowired
@Qualifier("defaultAuthenticationSystemSupport")
private AuthenticationSystemSupport authenticationSystemSupport;

@Autowired
@Qualifier("cas20WithoutProxyProtocolValidationSpecification")
private ValidationSpecification
cas20WithoutProxyProtocolValidationSpecification;

@Autowired
@Qualifier("cas2ServiceFailureView")
private View cas2ServiceFailureView;

@Autowired
@Qualifier("proxy20Handler")
private ProxyHandler proxy20Handler;

@Autowired
@Qualifier("servicesManager")
private ServicesManager servicesManager;

@Autowired
@Qualifier("centralAuthenticationService")
private CentralAuthenticationService centralAuthenticationService;

@Autowired
@Qualifier("defaultArgumentExtractor")
private ArgumentExtractor argumentExtractor;

@Autowired
@Qualifier("defaultMultifactorTriggerSelectionStrategy")
private MultifactorTriggerSelectionStrategy multifactorTriggerSelectionStrategy;

@Autowired
private View cas3ServiceSuccessView;

@Autowired
private View cas3ServiceJsonView;

/*
 Use cas3ServiceSuccessView to be able to release attributes in CAS 2.0
serviceValidate
 until all CAS Clients are migrated
 */
@Bean
public ServiceValidateController serviceValidateController() {
 final ServiceValidateController c = new ServiceValidateController();

c.setValidationSpecification(this.cas20WithoutProxyProtocolValidationSpecification);
 c.setSuccessView(cas3ServiceSuccessView);
 c.setFailureView(cas2ServiceFailureView);
 c.setProxyHandler(proxy20Handler);
 c.setAuthenticationSystemSupport(authenticationSystemSupport);
 c.setServicesManager(servicesManager);
 c.setCentralAuthenticationService(centralAuthenticationService);
 c.setArgumentExtractor(argumentExtractor);
 c.setMultifactorTriggerSelectionStrategy(multifactorTriggerSelectionStrategy);
 c.setAuthenticationContextValidator(authenticationContextValidator);
 c.setJsonView(cas3ServiceJsonView);

c.setAuthnContextAttribute(casProperties.getAuthn().getMfa().getAuthenticationContextAttribute());
 return c;
}

}

The logs show this:

1. First, my bean definition overwrites the one from

2017-05-04 15:53:22,312 INFO [org.apereo.cas.web.CasWebApplication] - <The
following profiles are active: native>
2017-05-04 15:53:22,341 INFO
[org.springframework.boot.context.embedded.AnnotationConfigEmbeddedWebApplicationContext]
 - <Refreshing
org.springframework.boot.context.embedded.AnnotationConfigEmbeddedWebApplicationContext@5e25a92e:
 startup date [Thu May 04 15:53:22 CEST 2017]; parent:
org.springframework.context.annotation.AnnotationConfigApplicationContext@387c703b>
2017-05-04 15:53:23,372 INFO
[org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory] -
<Overriding bean definition for bean 'serviceValidateController' with a
different definition:
replacing
[Generic bean: class [org.apereo.cas.web.ServiceValidateController];
scope=singleton; abstract=false; lazyInit=false; autowireMode=0;
dependencyCheck=0; autowireCandidate=true; primary=false;
factoryBeanName=null; factoryMethodName=null; initMethodName=null;
destroyMethodName=null;
defined in URL
[jar:file:/projects/cas5/cas/build/libs/cas.war!/WEB-INF/lib/cas-server-support-validation-5.0.4.jar!/org/apereo/cas/web/ServiceValidateController.class]]
with
[Root bean: class [null]; scope=; abstract=false; lazyInit=false;
autowireMode=3;
dependencyCheck=0; autowireCandidate=true; primary=false;
factoryBeanName=casOverlayedValidationConfiguration;
factoryMethodName=serviceValidateController; initMethodName=null;
destroyMethodName=(inferred);
defined in class path resource
[org/apereo/cas/web/config/CasOverlayedValidationConfiguration.class]]>

This would be fine.
BUT a second later, it again overwrites my bean with the one from
"CasValidationConfiguration.class", but as Classpath resource:

2017-05-04 15:53:23,380 INFO
[org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory] -
<Overriding bean definition for bean 'serviceValidateController' with a
different definition:
replacing [Root bean: class [null];
scope=; abstract=false; lazyInit=false; autowireMode=3; dependencyCheck=0;
autowireCandidate=true; primary=false;
factoryBeanName=CasOverlayedValidationConfiguration;
factoryMethodName=serviceValidateController;
initMethodName=null; destroyMethodName=(inferred);
defined in
  class path resource
[org/apereo/cas/web/config/CasOverlayedValidationConfiguration.class]]
with
  [Root bean: class [null]; scope=; abstract=false; lazyInit=false;
autowireMode=3;
  dependencyCheck=0; autowireCandidate=true; primary=false;
factoryBeanName=casValidationConfiguration;
  factoryMethodName=serviceValidateController; initMethodName=null;
destroyMethodName=(inferred);
  defined in class path resource
[org/apereo/cas/web/config/CasValidationConfiguration.class]]>

My overlay is based on the gradle overlay template. It doesn't matter if I
start the application as a standalone war application using "java -jar
cas.war", or in Intellij using a local Tomcat 8 Server.

Any ideas?

Thanks Robert

--
- CAS gitter chatroom: https://gitter.im/apereo/cas