You do not need to customize CasServiceValidationSuccess.html, if you just want
to release attributes the same way as p3.
For 5.0.5, you currently need to do the following things:

1. Overwrite the serviceValidateController bean definition, and wire in the
cas3ServiceSuccessView, like so:

@Bean
    public ServiceValidateController serviceValidateController() {
        final ServiceValidateController c = new ServiceValidateController();

c.setValidationSpecification(this.cas20WithoutProxyProtocolValidationSpecification);
        c.setSuccessView(cas3ServiceSuccessView());
        c.setFailureView(cas2ServiceFailureView);
        c.setProxyHandler(proxy20Handler);
        c.setAuthenticationSystemSupport(authenticationSystemSupport);
        c.setServicesManager(servicesManager);
        c.setCentralAuthenticationService(centralAuthenticationService);
        c.setArgumentExtractor(argumentExtractor);

c.setMultifactorTriggerSelectionStrategy(multifactorTriggerSelectionStrategy);
        c.setAuthenticationContextValidator(authenticationContextValidator);
        c.setJsonView(cas3ServiceJsonView());

c.setAuthnContextAttribute(casProperties.getAuthn().getMfa().getAuthenticationContextAttribute());
        return c;
    }
}

There is a current limitation up to 5.0.5, were it is not possible to overwrite
these bean definitions. Therefore, you must copy the whole
CasValidationConfiguration.java class from the CAS sources into your overlay
projects org.apereo.cas.web.config package and make the change there.
This will be fixed in 5.0.6, where you only need to define the bean definition
above in your own config class, like OverwrittenServiceValidateConfiguration.

2. Set a property to use the p3 view for 2.0.
Set the following property in cas.properties to use the p3 view for 2.0 as well:

cas.view.cas2.success=protocol/3.0/casServiceValidationSuccess

Hope that helps,
Robert

--
- CAS gitter chatroom: https://gitter.im/apereo/cas