Hi All,

Be gentle with me.... I'm not a CAS guru :-)

We are running CAS 3.5.3 and our web team is trying to configure a
WordPress plugin for CAS version 3 to authenticate users and receive AD
attributes. If they switch the CAS plugin to CAS version 2 the user
authenticates fine. When they test using the version 2 CAS plugin by going
to this URL

/cas/serviceValidate

they do receive the XML response they are expecting.

If they go to this URL

/cas/p3/serviceValidate

they just get redirected back to the CAS login screen or, if they are
already logged in, they end up on the "Log In Successful" screen.

According to this URL

https://apereo.github.io/cas/4.2.x/protocol/CAS-Protocol-Specification.html

under the section labeled "2.5.6 URL examples of /serviceValidate"

it says, with CAS version 3, they should get some XML with attribute data.

What is odd is I've setup the TestApp1 and TestApp2 applications on
the CAS server and they do return AD attributes (along with a 3rd
party app, CAS releases attributes to it as well.)

The service entry I have for this test service is set to release
attributes so that shouldn't be the issue.

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot with this cas plugin?

Thx!

--
- CAS gitter chatroom: https://gitter.im/apereo/cas