You're mixing two different things. The bug fix (more of a feature
enhancement) you describe was to the automatic service registry
initialization feature described here:
https://apereo.github.io/cas/development/installation/InMemory-Service-Management.html#auto-initialization

That's not (at least as I understand it) the same thing as the JSON service
registry itself, which is added with a separate dependency as I described
(although it probably gives you the same result).

Adding the dependency to pom.xml:

<dependency>
    <groupId>org.apereo.cas</groupId>
    <artifactId>cas-server-support-json-service-registry</artifactId>
    <version>${cas.version}</version>
</dependency>

and re-running mvnw clean package, and then adding

cas.serviceRegistry.config.location:    file:/etc/cas/services

to cas.properties and then making a service description like this in
/etc/cas/services/wildcard.json (or whatever):

{
  /*
   * Wildcard service definition that applies to any https or imaps url.
   * Do not use this definition in a production environment.
   */
  "@class" :            "org.apereo.cas.services.RegexRegisteredService",
  "serviceId" :         "^(https|imaps)://.*",
  "name" :              "HTTPS/IMAPS wildcard",
  "id" :                20170905111650,
  "evaluationOrder" :   99999
}

should work. Don't forget to restart the server. :-)

At least, it works just fine for me on CAS 5.1.3. When the CAS login page
is displayed, you should see whatever string is in the name field of the
JSON displayed at the top right of the page in a light blue box. That's how
you know which registry entry matched.

--Dave

--

DAVID A. CURRY, CISSP
*DIRECTOR OF INFORMATION SECURITY*

71 FIFTH AVE., 9TH FL., NEW YORK, NY 10003
+1 212 229-5300 x4728 • david.cu...@newschool.edu

[image: The New School]