We are working towards this as well but do not have it in place yet. I think it will be a two step process. Inside the C:\etc\cas\config\cas.properties files in the LDAP section you need to tell it what attributes from LDAP you want to pull....

cas.authn.ldap[0].principalAttributeList=sn,cn,mail,displayname,givenName,sAMAccountName,employeeType,*employeeNumber*

Then, inside the .json file that denotes the service entry for Self Service Banner you would map the employeeNumber LDAP attribute to UDC_IDENTIFIER for when you send the info out.... here is (what I believe to be) a valid .json file, in our case located in C:\etc\cas\services\service_entry_4_475674893038.json with the UDC_IDENTIFIER line bolded

{
  "@class" : "org.apereo.cas.services.RegexRegisteredService",
  "serviceId" : "https://bss.wheatonma.edu/.*";,
  "name" : "BannerSelfService",
  "id" : 475674893038,
  "description" : "Service entry to Banner SSO",

  "attributeReleasePolicy" : {
    "@class" : "org.apereo.cas.services.ReturnMappedAttributeReleasePolicy",
    "allowedAttributes" : {
      "@class" : "java.util.TreeMap",