I'm on version 4.2.7 and have a new service coming online which I need some 
help with.  The service expects an email address as the username in a specific 
format, but the AD email entry is the user's email alias and thus doesn't 
always match.

For example:
Joe User logs into the application with JUser123 as their username.  This 
matches their AD username.  However, the CAS client application is looking for 
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>.  Since Joe User set up an 
email alias of [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]> that is what's 
returned as the principle ID.  Since the application is looking for 
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>, it's failing to match up.

I need to make a custom attribute that takes the username the user entered, 
appends "@myschool.edu" and passes that back as the principle ID.  I know how 
to set the principleID in Cas-Management, but I need to figure out how to build 
that value.

Can anybody point me in the direction of some documentation to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Geoff

-- 
- Website: https://apereo.github.io/cas
- Gitter Chatroom: https://gitter.im/apereo/cas
- List Guidelines: https://goo.gl/1VRrw7
- Contributions: https://goo.gl/mh7qDG
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CAS 
Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/msgid/cas-user/7ddeff9331f44685af620cca2ea0f446%40neptune2.unfcsd.unf.edu.

Reply via email to