Using cas.serviceRegistry.json.location instead of 
cas.serviceRegistry.config.location solved my issue.  Apparently this 
changed between 5.1.x and 5.2.0.  Once again, thanks Dave for working me 
through this.

About your second comment, I noticed that if I set 
cas.serviceRegistry.initFromJson to false, two json files are automatically 
created for me when CAS starts up, Apereo-10000002.json and 
HTTPSandIMAPS-10000001.json with default values.  How can this be avoided?

Just to reiterate:  My primary issue has been resolved.



On Monday, December 18, 2017 at 3:50:22 PM UTC-5, David Curry wrote:
>
> You have the wrong property name (I forget when it changed).
>
> cas.serviceRegistry.json.location: file:/etc/cas/services
>
>
> Also, since you have your own non-empty service registry, you should have
>
> cas.serviceRegistry.initFromJson: false
>
>
> That property tells the CAS server to load an otherwise empty service 
> registry (like the default one in memory) from the JSON files it comes 
> bundled with (the wildcard-y ones stored in the classpath). You don't 
> want/need to do that anymore, so false is the right setting.
>
> --Dave
>
> On Mon, Dec 18, 2017 at 3:37 PM, crdaudt <[email protected] <javascript:>> 
> wrote:
>
>> I updated my test sever from CAS v5.1.4 to v5.2.0, and my configruation 
>> is no longer reading my *.json files from my external file location.  Here 
>> are my relevant property settings:
>>
>> #========================================
>> # Service Registry
>> #========================================
>> cas.serviceRegistry.watcherEnabled=true
>> cas.serviceRegistry.initFromJson=true
>> cas.serviceRegistry.config.location=file:///etc/cas/services
>>
>> I have the following dependency set in pom.xml:
>>
>>  <dependency>
>>    <groupId>org.apereo.cas</groupId>
>>    <artifactId>cas-server-support-json-service-registry</artifactId>
>>    <version>${cas.version}</version>
>> </dependency>
>>
>> The /etc/cas/services/ directory and json files within it are owned by 
>> tomcat.
>>
>> Nevertheless, the only services loaded are the *.json files located in 
>> classpath:/services.  On the other hand, if I redeploy the cas.war file for 
>> v5.1.4 and restart tomcat, my JSON files in /etc/cas/services are loaded as 
>> I would expect.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> I have attached copies of my cas.log (with debug enabled), pom.xml, and 
>> cas.properties.  Thanks in advance for any help with this.
>>
>> -- 
>> - Website: https://apereo.github.io/cas
>> - Gitter Chatroom: https://gitter.im/apereo/cas
>> - List Guidelines: https://goo.gl/1VRrw7
>> - Contributions: https://goo.gl/mh7qDG
>> --- 
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
>> "CAS Community" group.
>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
>> email to [email protected] <javascript:>.
>> To view this discussion on the web visit 
>> https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/msgid/cas-user/d388f5f9-6e3f-4ce3-bdca-dd71356b6c35%40apereo.org
>>  
>> <https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/msgid/cas-user/d388f5f9-6e3f-4ce3-bdca-dd71356b6c35%40apereo.org?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
>> .
>>
>
>

-- 
- Website: https://apereo.github.io/cas
- Gitter Chatroom: https://gitter.im/apereo/cas
- List Guidelines: https://goo.gl/1VRrw7
- Contributions: https://goo.gl/mh7qDG
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CAS 
Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/msgid/cas-user/16a4539d-c963-4115-9c69-1a0cfc12e651%40apereo.org.

Reply via email to