If the attributes are stored in the same records as the authentication, CAS
needs a second query to the same db to fetch the attributes. Thats the reason
why I built the DirectMappedPersonAttributeDao, which you can inject into your
authentication handler to directly set the attributes in one go. I got it
working with CAS5 already, but its currently not published to my repo.

If there is interest, I can push the 5.x version. As this is a highly CAS
specific solution, I didn‘t send it to the PersonDir project, yet.

https://github.com/robertoschwald/jasig-cas-examples-robertoschwald

Sent while mobile.