Hi all,

I'm pretty sure this is not a current feature of CAS 5.2.x, but I just
wanted to ask this community if they found any way to do so by some config
trickery.  If not, would the awesome CAS developers be interested in
putting this on the list of future feature enhancements please?

So we're trying to use the saml idp of cas 5.2 to replace our shibboleth
service.  Seems most SP's work but a few don't and unfortunately getting
logs from vendors or technical insight is sometimes challenging.  But one
distinct difference between the attributes shibboleth returns and cas IDP
returns is that with cas, while you can specify the "return attribute x as
name y" part, it's used for both the name and friendlyname values.

For example, in our config shibboleth returns the givenName like so:

        <saml2:Attribute *FriendlyName="givenName"*
*            Name="urn:oid:2.5.4.42" *
NameFormat="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:attrname-format:uri">
            <saml2:AttributeValue
xsi:type="xsd:string">Jane</saml2:AttributeValue>
        </saml2:Attribute>

With Name="urn:oid:2.5.4.42" and FriendlyName="givenName".

In the cas service definition I can specify givenName should be returned as
urn:oid:2.5.4.42, which is awesome, but the urn:oid... is used for both
Name and FriendlyName values.

  attributeReleasePolicy:
  {
    @class: org.apereo.cas.services.ReturnMappedAttributeReleasePolicy
    allowedAttributes:
    {
      @class: java.util.TreeMap
      givenName: "urn:oid:2.5.4.42"

        <saml2:Attribute *FriendlyName="urn:oid:2.5.4.42"*
*            Name="urn:oid:2.5.4.42" *
NameFormat="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:attrname-format:uri">
            <saml2:AttributeValue
xsi:type="xsd:string">Jane</saml2:AttributeValue>
        </saml2:Attribute>

Anyone know of a way to specify a different value for FriendlyName than
Name?

Thanks,
William