Move the rotate responsibility to logrotate out of Tomcat and CAS. Uxío Prego
Madiva Soluciones CL / SERRANO GALVACHE 56 BLOQUE ABEDUL PLANTA 4 28033 MADRID +34 917 56 84 94 www.madiva.com www.bbva.com The activity of email inboxes can be systematically tracked by colleagues, business partners and third parties. Turn off automatic loading of images to hamper it. 2017-09-13 15:47 GMT+00:00 Waldbieser, Carl <[email protected]>: > > I'm running CASv5.1.x with the embedded Tomcat service. I've enabled the > valve for the extended Tomcat access log, and it is logging the entries I > expect. > However, I'm running into problems trying to set up log rotation. > > It seems that by default, the log will embed the current date into the log > file name, and it produces a new file every day. > > This format makes it difficult for tools like `logrotate` to clean up the > log. > > My goal is to only keep 3 days of this log at the most-- all our logging > is centralized via Splunk, so the extra files just eventually will fill up > the disk. > I'm running on a Linux system. > > Any idea how I can do this without having to write a custom script? > > Thanks, > Carl Waldbieser > ITS Systems Programmer > Lafayette College > > -- > - Website: https://apereo.github.io/cas > - Gitter Chatroom: https://gitter.im/apereo/cas > - List Guidelines: https://goo.gl/1VRrw7 > - Contributions: https://goo.gl/mh7qDG > --- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "CAS Community" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to [email protected]. > To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/ > apereo.org/d/msgid/cas-user/822382531.91398849. > 1505317676900.JavaMail.zimbra%40lafayette.edu. > -- - Website: https://apereo.github.io/cas - Gitter Chatroom: https://gitter.im/apereo/cas - List Guidelines: https://goo.gl/1VRrw7 - Contributions: https://goo.gl/mh7qDG --- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CAS Community" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected]. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/msgid/cas-user/CANidDKakL1BSTcpkvBPtwC3GthTipxEEDZc-qh6dWWgi2hH5Jw%40mail.gmail.com.
