On Thu, 18 Jan 2018 12:05:50 -0500
David Curry <david.cu...@newschool.edu> wrote:

> Thanks, Alberto. Of course, when I go try to rebuild things this morning to
> try that suggestion, it errors out with a completely different
> error.(before I even apply that correction) having nothing to do with the
> original error.
>
> I think 5.3.0-RC2-SNAPSHOIT building with Maven is just broken right now.
> Would love to hear from someone (anyone) else who's tried it.

I just did

git clone https://github.com/apereo/cas-overlay-template.git
cd cas-overlay-template/
mv pom.xml pom.original.xml
sed -e 's#<cas.version>.*#<cas.version>5.3.0-RC2-SNAPSHOT</cas.version>#' \
   pom.original.xml > pom.xml
./mvnw clean package
cp target/cas.war /opt/apache-tomcat/webapps/

and it seems to work without further configuration (/etc/cas/logs and
/etc/cas/config previously exist and are writeable).

Later on, when I apply my current CAS 5.2.0 + OpenLDAP config, I get

org.springframework.boot.bind.RelaxedBindingNotWritablePropertyException:
Failed to bind 'cas.authn.ldap[0].userFilter' from
'applicationProfilesProperties' to 'authn.ldap[0].userFilter' property on
'org.apereo.cas.configuration.model.core.authentication.AuthenticationProperties'

--
Alberto Cabello Sánchez
Servicio de Informática