Here is a link to getting started with CAS Management with 5.2.x

https://apereo.github.io/cas/5.2.x/installation/Installing-ServicesMgmt-Webapp.html

As far as LDAP is concerned, it is mostly a preference.  The management app
will contact a CAS Server for authenticating a user in whichever way you
have it set up.  For the management app you usually only have a few people
authorized to use it, so users.json or static list is an acceptable way to
limit who can use it.  The management app can be configured to call back to
LDAP and query for the ROLE_* attributes on the authenticated user, but in
my opinion is a lot more work to make something dynamic that is mostly
static.