Hello,

we are upgrade cas to 5.2.x, we noticed that cas throw an error in
log/email when user input Invalid credentials. In this case we don't want
to receive notification when user inputs Invalid credentials as long cas
blocks the  (log will grow exponentially and email notifications will not
be useful).

Is anybody else see these errors in the log as well?  Did we set up
something incorrectly?

Here is part of CAS log

    __   ____      _      ____   __
  / /  / ___|    / \    / ___|  \ \
 | |  | |       / _ \   \___ \   | |
 | |  | |___   / ___ \   ___) |  | |
 | |   \____| /_/   \_\ |____/   | |
  \_\                           /_/

CAS Version: 5.2.2
CAS Commit Id: eefb26e6ea0f3f0505ea7dcfc7e11c4ebcb44b7d
CAS Build Date/Time: 1970-01-01T00:00Z
Spring Boot Version: 1.5.8.RELEASE
Java Home: C:\Program Files\Java\jre8U152
Java Vendor: Oracle Corporation
Java Version: 1.8.0_152
JVM Free Memory: 1 GB
JVM Maximum Memory: 7 GB
JVM Total Memory: 2 GB
JCE Installed: No
OS Architecture: amd64
OS Name: Windows 7
OS Version: 6.1
OS Date/Time: 2018-02-13T06:47:54.498
OS Temp Directory:
C:\Projects\PASS5.2\trunk\test\apache-tomcat\cat_base\temp

←[0m
2018-02-13 06:48:10,827 WARN
[org.apereo.cas.web.report.util.ControllerUtils] - <Logging configuration
cannot be found in the environment settings>
2018-02-13 06:48:21,362 WARN
[org.apereo.cas.web.report.util.ControllerUtils] - <Logging configuration
cannot be found in the environment settings>
2018-02-13 06:48:25,942 WARN
[org.apereo.cas.config.CasCoreServicesConfiguration] - <Runtime memory is
used as the persistence storage for retrieving and persisting service
definitions. Changes that a
re made to service definitions during runtime WILL be LOST upon container
restarts. Ideally for production, you need to choose a storage option
(JDBC, etc) to store and track service definitions.>
13-Feb-2018 06:48:27.111 INFO [localhost-startStop-1]
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR Deployment of web
application archive
[C:\Projects\PASS5.2\trunk\test\apache-tomcat\cat_base\weba
pps\ROOT##0014.war] has finished in [46,788] ms
13-Feb-2018 06:48:27.114 INFO [main]
org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol.start Starting ProtocolHandler
["http-nio-8080"]
13-Feb-2018 06:48:27.127 INFO [main]
org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol.start Starting ProtocolHandler
["https-openssl-nio-8443"]
13-Feb-2018 06:48:27.132 INFO [main]
org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol.start Starting ProtocolHandler
["ajp-nio-8009"]
13-Feb-2018 06:48:27.137 INFO [main]
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start Server startup in 47459 ms
2018-02-13 06:50:35,302 WARN
[org.apereo.cas.authentication.LdapAuthenticationHandler] - <DN resolution
failed. [DN cannot be null]>

*2018-02-13 06:50:35,303 ERROR
[org.apereo.cas.authentication.PolicyBasedAuthenticationManager] -
<Authentication has failed. Credentials may be incorrect or CAS cannot find
authentication handler that supports [t...@test.com] of type
[UsernamePasswordCredential].>*