*<dependency> <groupId>org.apereo.cas</groupId>
<artifactId>cas-server-support-ws-sts</artifactId>

You do not need to explicitly incude this component in your configuration
and overlays. This is just to teach you that it exists. The security token
service will be pulled in automatically once you declare the identity
provider. Only include this module in your overlay if you need compile-time
access to the components within.