Kevin,

If you are using a self signed cert, it must be added into the java
environment. Something like:

install self signed certificates in java certificate store (must be done for
every java upgrade)
sudo keytool -import -file /etc/ssl/certs/name_of.crt -alias name_of -keystore
$JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/security/cacerts

Ray