Thanks Greg. I've got all the following attributes listed in by
cas.properties. When I look in /cas/status/ssosessions I see all of these
attributes in the TGT. That's why I was thinking it must be something to do
with the way the attributes are released in the service definition.

cas.authn.attributeRepository.ldap[0].attributes.cn:    cn
cas.authn.attributeRepository.ldap[0].attributes.displayName:   displayName
cas.authn.attributeRepository.ldap[0].attributes.givenName:     givenName
cas.authn.attributeRepository.ldap[0].attributes.mail:  mail
cas.authn.attributeRepository.ldap[0].attributes.sn:    sn
cas.authn.attributeRepository.ldap[0].attributes.udcid: UDC_IDENTIFIER
cas.authn.attributeRepository.ldap[0].attributes.uid:   uid